Walmart Skilled Facilities Maintenance Technician I
- Multiple locations - GA/AL
- Job Description:
- We'd love to speak with you about a career at Walmart! This system will allow you to view our recruitment team's availability, and select a time for a phone screen.Please click on the “Submit” button below and fill in your basic contact information. After that, you will be taken to our online calendar where you'll be given the option to select a suitable time for us to speak. Please ensure you first select your time zone from the top right-hand corner drop-down.If you experience difficulties, please contact our Career Center at (866) 219-8440.Looking forward to speaking with you soon!
- What You'll Do:
- Performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure safety, proper functionality, and aesthetics of facilities, equipment, or fixtures under the supervision of a more senior technician by following established preventive maintenance schedules and guidelines; inspecting, cleaning, and repairing facilities, equipment, or fixtures; observing and documenting signs of wear and tear; and documenting preventive maintenance activities.
- Performs minor repairs on facilities, equipment, or fixtures under the supervision of a more senior technician by utilizing multiple craft skills (for example, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, material handling equipment, food equipment); inspecting, operating, or testing facilities, equipment, or fixtures to diagnose issues; dismantling equipment, machines, or facilities to access and remove defective parts; diagnose problems utilizing blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary; utilizing hand tools, power tools, hoists, and other equipment; providing prompt response to emergency calls; and documenting repair activities.
- Manages work orders and routine maintenance schedules by completing and providing required written and electronic information (for example, expense vouchers, weekly summaries, work orders, maintenance logs); requesting parts for maintenance or repair work; recording parts usage; conducting price comparison of parts and travel related costs; submitting warranty claims; complying with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and guidelines; ensuring quality work is completed that complies with federal, state, and local regulations and codes; unloading and storing equipment; and transporting equipment between facilities.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Vocational or Technical certification and 1 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade or 2 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade. Valid Driver's License. Eligible for a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Preferred Qualifications: