Walmart HVAC/Refrigeration Technician II
- Multiple locations - TN, AR, KY, MS
- Job Description:
- We'd love to speak with you about a career at Walmart! This system will allow you to view our recruitment team's availability, and select a time for a phone screen.Please click on the “Submit” button below and fill in your basic contact information. After that, you will be taken to our online calendar where you'll be given the option to select a suitable time for us to speak. Please ensure you first select your time zone from the top right-hand corner drop-down.If you experience difficulties, please contact our Career Center at (866) 219-8440.Looking forward to speaking with you soon!
- What You'll Do:
- Completes work assignments and priorities in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) Service by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with Managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Complies with federal, state, and local heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) industry regulations and guidelines (for example, building codes, indoor air quality (IAQ), cold chain requirements) by conducting inspections; and making repairs.
- Complies with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and guidelines by performing work according to practices and procedures outlined in the Walmart heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) safety policy and environmental guidelines; and reclaiming ozone-depleting refrigerants.
- Maintains quality standards by inspecting installations and modifications of new heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) equipment and Emergency management Systems (EMS); ensuring contract compliance; and identifying and reporting deficiencies.
- Provides required paperwork by completing and submitting expense vouchers, summaries, refrigerant logs, and work orders.
- Ensures available resources for maintenance and repair by managing refrigerant levels and parts inventory; recording purchases and usage; tracking and ordering parts; and developing relationships with parts suppliers and contractors.
- Ensures working order of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) and Emergency management Systems (EMS), and direct digital control (DDC) by troubleshooting, diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing equipment; performing major and minor preventive maintenance; and managing district workload with external service providers.
- Ensures financial sustainability by compiling and reporting budget information; requesting replacement equipment for Facilities; submitting warranty claims; reviewing journals and invoices; conducting price comparisons of refrigerant, parts, and travel related costs; and developing scopes of work for projects (for example, rooftop unit (RTU), condenser coil replacements).
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Vocational or Technical Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) certification and 2 years experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls OR 4 years experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls or related field. Type I/Type II Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification for Refrigerant handling.
- Preferred Qualifications: